Delicious and crunchy apple fruit is one of the most popular fruits, favorite of health conscious, fitness lovers who believe in the concept “health is wealth.” This wonderful fruit is packed with rich phyto-nutrients that in the true senses indispensable for optimal health. The antioxidants in apple have much health promoting and disease prevention properties; thus truly justifying the adage, “an apple a day keeps the doctor away.”
Apples are obtained from the medium-sized tree belonging to the Rosaceae family. The apple tree is originated in the mineral-rich mountain ranges of Kazakhstan, and now being cultivated in many parts of the world. Apple fruit features oval or pear shape; and the outer skin has different colors depending upon the cultivar type. Internally, the juicy pulp has been off-white to cream in color and has to mix of mild sweet and tart taste. Its seeds are inedible because of their bitter taste. read some useful apple benefits in urdu.
Apple Benefits for Health In Urdu
Hundreds of varieties of apples are either eaten as table fruits or as dessert fruit grown in the US and worldwide. Some of the apples are sought-after in cooking and baking too.
Health Benefits Of Apple
- Apples are filled with soluble fiber (5 grams). This fiber has been shown to reduce intestinal disorders, including diverticulitis, hemorrhoids and possibly some types of cancer. It helps control insulin levels by releasing sugar slowly into the bloodstream. It cleanses and detoxifies, which helps eliminate heavy metals, such as lead and mercury.
- Apple pectin helps reduce cholesterol levels by lowering insulin secretion.
- In two studies researchers found that eating five apples a week lowered the risk for respiratory diseases like asthma.
- According to Chinese Medicine: Apples strengthen the heart, quench thirst, lubricate the lungs, decrease mucous and increase body fluids.
- Apple cider vinegar can help prevent the formation of kidney stones.
- Studies indicate that eating apples daily can reduce skin diseases.
- According to a Brazilian study, eating an apple before a meal helped women lose 33 percent more weight than those who didn’t.
- An apple has only 50-80 calories and has no fat or sodium.
- Apples are packed with vitamins C, A, and flavonoids and with smaller amounts of phosphorus, iron and calcium.
- Apples provide a source of potassium which may promote heart health.
- So there you have it … lots of good reasons why it is good for you to eat an apple a day! I like apples so much that when I started living by myself I substituted those sugar laden cereals with an apple.
Interesting apple facts:
- There are more than 7,500 varieties of apples. When I lived in England I tasted many different and delicious apples that I never see in Canada.
- The apple tree is a member of the rose family.
- When you eat an apple you are consuming a lot of air; 25 percent of their volume is air!
- Apples have 5 percent protein.
- Apple trees can live to be 100 years old!
- The largest apple weighed three pounds.
- In ancient Greece when a man proposed to a woman he would toss her an apple and if she decided to catch it, it meant she accepted.
- The original proverb about eating an apple a day, which came about in 1866, was: “Eat an apple on going to bed, and you’ll keep the doctor from earning his bread.”
- It takes the energy from 50 leaves to produce one apple.